Friday, July 28, 2006

Travels so far







28TH JULY 2006
I am now in Tuscon Arizona( as of last night). I am going to back track a bit in this post. I arrived in California in the hottest heat wave on record. Trust me . Anyway , hot was hot. SO much so that a trip to the ocean was needed. Of course everyone in driving distance was headed the same way. ( see pic of the zillion cars on the headland!!) , so there was cars parked in every direction for miles and people walking. It was amazing , we found a space right next to the beach? then had a lovely day under shade . The water is icy here , when I first got to the shore , I was wondering how come noone much was actually IN the water . I soon found out , as hot as it was outside ( 108 -115) that day... the water was the exactly how I imagine it would be if a glacier had broken off.

I met some great guys kayaking and we were talking and of course one of them had a brother in Sydney and had been to Australia and knew where Byron Bay was.( which is near where I live ). I am sure everyone in this world is connected by no more distance than a handshake or two! a real Pity we don't realise this more and find ways to have true peace ! I saw this person on the side of the road with the peace sign!( see pic). There is a lot of this here in California , people out asking for peace.

later that day we headed to Spirit rock meditation centre/center!( Google to find out more ). This is a wonderful property and place near Woodacre , which is in MARIN county CA. That evening we stayed and about 200 people braved the heat to come and sit together in the Buddhist meditation practice of the Thai forest tradition. A simple practice called Vipassana ( watching ones thoughts and breath).Afterward Jack Kornfield , who has written many books ( google) spoke on the topic of generosity. It was wonderfully inspiring , JACK ALWAYS IS !

Jack illustrated his talk with many wonderful stories from around the world. Jack has so much to share from his personal experiences.He has many years of teaching and working in various ways as a counsellor/pyschologist.He told one story that really touched me from the "Ojibwe" ( I hope the spelling is correct ), people of Canada. It was a story demonstrating generosity and healing from Intergenerational suffering . I was very moved !I hope to be able to share this in the future, once I have contacted the story teller whose story it is, and asked for permission to pass it on.

The other photos area around spirit rock.

next post will be about Arizona. Bare with me as I learn to use this blog template and improve on it.

2 Comments:

At 12:26 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace indeed!
You are loved, dear Samia, may each of your journeys be blessed in all their forms.
xxx

 
At 6:24 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

peace sista...
x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home