Wednesday, June 25, 2008

time to come back 08


I have had a huge break from writing here,nearly a full year.I have decided to start again as people have asked me to and so here I am bad spelling and all ! Yes , I do rush sometimes and forget to edit , just a flaw I have and something I promise to improve on. Thank god for spell check.

I had originally seen this to be a site I would use only during my Fulbright year, however there has been so much happening and despite my best intentions to set up a website I have not yet done so. It seems this will have to do for now and will serve to pass on news and updates of my own life and those I work with and issues here that are ongoing. One major one is the APOLOGY to Indigenous people in Australia and so I will hope to get here and update all on this as well as other things. You can of course google APOLOGY to Indiegnous Australian's and bring up a lot. There was also one made in Canada and this was interesting to see as well. Of course opinion varies greatly about what it all means . However for myself , It was very moving and I cried and cried. I did feel it was genuine , even if there was underliying political reasons for it for the parties involved. I wish to feel the genuine intent and feel the healing offered and go forth with hope. That is my preference.I felt deeply moved and many others I know did. It certainly was not something I truly thought to see in my life. I know for many Elders and others from families effected by removals , myself included here , felt this deeply and the emotions were raw and real.

I do think it is just a beginning , there is MUCH to do and may roads to travel still in this country before we see a real change in health and wellbeing in communties. I hope we can work together and bring about a true closure of the " Gap" and disparities in health and life style between Indigenous and Non Indigenous people here and elsewhere.

There is so much to catch up on , the changes here. My own journey with my PH.D and studies, which I am well into and is going well , finally can almost see an end. I have a new job with the University of Queensland now about 8 mths. The DST work with the wonderful Pelican crew . Trips back to the USA to give key notes. Much much more.

so I will begin ... and today here is some pics. then soon I will update on things. This is a picture of the Hopevale crew last year. to read more go to www.svpelican.com.au This mob is amazing and I am so blessed to become involved and connected with the work they do. I really admire them all . The Hopevale Elders also have inspired me and the work with community there is a true inspiration. I am grateful for this and many blessings in my life and for wonderful friends.

anyway more soon.



enjoy.

7 Comments:

At 3:57 AM , Anonymous phillip hawkes said...

Hi, please join www.advance.org
a network of Australians overseas wher you can interact with fellow Aussies and exchange experiences, look for opportunities etc. I'm a member and it's free to join. Cheers!
Phil

 
At 11:04 PM , Blogger william said...

"The Congress, doing nothing, decided to go on a five-week recess,'' said McCain. "Congress should come back into session... and I'm willing to come off the campaign trail."
------------------
williamgeorge
Search Engine Optimization

 
At 4:42 PM , Blogger Adi said...

Oes Tsetnoc one of the ways in which we can learn seo besides Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa. By participating in the Oes Tsetnoc or Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa we can improve our seo skills. To find more information about Oest Tsetnoc please visit my Oes Tsetnoc pages. And to find more information about Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa please visit my Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa pages. Thank you So much.
Oes Tsetnoc | Semangat Mengembalikan Jati Diri Bangsa

 
At 1:44 AM , Blogger Daniela said...

Interesting post. I have been wondering about this issue,so thanks for posting. I’ll likely be coming back to your blog. Keep up great writing. Find your great Travel News and sing the songs at Free Song Lyric or you can watch the drama at Korea Drama Online one of great korea drama is A Love to Kill if you go to travel to Indonesia learn Learn Indonesia Language first! And find your home cari rumah or make a blog Belajar membuat Blog find your home again rumah dijual and again at jual rumah the point is cari rumah, jual rumah, rumah dijual, download youtube and find blog widget and then if you want buy a new laptop see the Laptop Price List or you can buy a New Blackberry and then take care your Health & Jewerly good job, very great article Cari Rumah, Jual Rumah, Rumah dijual Thanks ever so much Cari Rumah, Jual Rumah, Rumah dijual very useful article Cari Rumah, Jual Rumah, Rumah dijual Great information Cari Rumah, Jual Rumah, Rumah dijual I like your blog Cari Rumah, Jual Rumah, Rumah dijual I will be checking back for any new articles Cari Rumah, Jual Rumah, Rumah dijual just bookmarked it for later reference Cari Rumah, Jual Rumah, Rumah dijual, free scholarships, Wikilaw, eporchshop, free wallpapers, free gadgets. Thanks for kindly sharing it with us. Very well done indeed

 
At 2:28 AM , Blogger marry said...

Blogs are so informative where we get lots of information on any topic. Nice job keep it up!!
_____________________________

Law Dissertation

 
At 3:23 AM , Blogger Dissertation Writing service said...

This kind of information is very limited on internet. Nice to find the post related to my searching criteria. Your updated and informative post will be appreciated by blog loving people.

Dissertation proposal

 
At 1:43 AM , Anonymous Dissertation Proposal said...

time to come back 08 <--
that's what i was looking for
Proposal Dissertation

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home